Deborah Bush MNZM, QSM, Dip Tchg. LSB
Co-founder and Chief Executive Endometriosis New Zealand
Director EPP Coaching and Consulting (Endometriosis and Pelvic Pain)
Deborah has had a global influence on health promotion and prevention of endometriosis. Using her experience as a teacher, she developed the world’s first Menstrual Health and Endometriosis (me) school education programme in 1997. A unique well-health model promoting early intervention and appropriate management, ‘me’ is positively and profoundly influencing current data and improving health outcomes in this demographic.
Deborah has contributed to the medical literature through published articles and books and sits on International Boards, advisory and research committees for endometriosis.
She has frequently presented as key note speaker at international academic conferences and as MC at many functions. She was described by the judges at the 2012 Woman of the Year Awards as “a pioneer, a visionary, a highly effective lay person in a specialised medical world bringing relief from disability and pain to thousands.”
Deborah has established and maintains:
- Endometriosis NZ, a national charitable non-government organisation
- health initiatives and ground-breaking programmes for schools, workplaces, hospitals and CME
- EPP Coaching and Consulting; her private practice for women and girls with endometriosis and pelvic pain which integrates into treatment centres offering multi-disciplinary expertise.
Deborah’s achievements are reflected in the following awards:
- Queens Service Medal (QSM), Queen Elizabeth II Birthday Honours, 2003.
- Commonwealth Award for Excellence in Women’s Health (Endometriosis NZ under her leadership).
- Paul Newman Award, 2007.
- International Outstanding Service Award, 2011 (for 100th International Women’s Day).
- Zonta International Woman of the Biennium Award 2011 – 2013.
- Woman of the Year – Health and Science, 2012
- Woman of Influence Finalist 2014
- World Endometriosis Society Board
- Order of Merit (MNZM) Queen Elizabeth ll Birthday Honours 2017